Business communication tools and strategies keep developing as technological innovations evolve. The integration of automated tools has made processes simpler, efficient, and more effective. Among these is mobile communication technology that’s increasingly becoming popular in the business world.
The number of phone users is projected to rise to 4.3 billion by 2023, up from 3.6 billion in 2020. The move toward mobile communication has been consistently changing the way companies handle transacting with customers. Besides, mobile devices offer excellent solutions to some of the challenges related to workflow. It’s fair to say the available applications and updates make these devices powerful for delivering messages in organizations of any size. Moreover, they’re exceptional upgrades from the era of landline communication.
Mobile Communication For Businesses
Mobile communication is the use of technology bridging people of different locations without any form of physical connection between a sender and a receiver primarily through texting and calling. It makes communication easier by saving effort and time.
Fortunately, businesses have embraced mobile communication rather than fighting its overpowering presence. Many are harnessing its benefit of accessibility coming along with the medium. But what are the reasons why companies can effectively use the platform? This article would discuss the answers.
Mobile communication can help a business improve its internal and external communication processes.
Here are nine practical ways to use it for your business:
1. Enhances Voice Communication
Mobile communication enhances how businesses send and receive information between teams, vendors, and customers. This technology has effectively removed the distance barrier existing before. Regardless of the type of business or industry, effective communication is crucial for proper workflow.
There are many applications a business can integrate within its mobile communication to simplify operations further. Apps such as Call Cowboy and other reputable services allow predictive automatic dialing to multiple contacts, track calls, and send messages from a single device, among other things.
This becomes a tremendous help to the marketing team because apps like these improve delivering messages with intuitive and quickly initiated communication practices. These are some of the channels where communication could be utilized beyond work teams:
- Vendors: There will be simplified management of vendors allowing the procurement and finance departments to make orders, organize, manage vendor lists, pay, and contact them anytime, anywhere.
- Customers: Mobile technology allows a business to give your customers a more personalized and interactive experience.
- In-house: Teams can collaborate more effectively using digital tools allowing for easy workflows individuals can access from anywhere.
2. Creates Better Marketing Strategies
Mobile marketing is becoming the leading marketing method as years go by. This is due to the massive growth of digital technologies businesses use for branding and selling products. In mobile marketing, advertisement and promotion of products and services are done through push notifications, multimedia messages, short messages, and more.
Businesses can use these methods in their marketing campaigns to offer customers new offers and deals. Mobile marketing tools identify potential customers quicker as opposed to traditional marketing because almost everyone, including current and potential customers, takes their mobile phones with them.
Location-based services are constantly collecting the data. In addition, results on search engines and social media platforms identify customers and start to show them related and relevant ads. This makes reaching people easier and more convenient.
Some businesses like retail stores also employ beacons to track and offer customers personalized discounts. This is because for retailers, knowing their customers’ preferences is crucial to have effective targeted marketing. It’s also how they can collect customer data to help them drive their sales.
After collecting this invaluable information, a business can then use messaging apps such as Mass Test App and others to reach a larger customer base at once. Doing so would centralize every exchange of information.
3. Improves Organizational Alignment
Once a business is founded, it establishes its mission and vision statements to drive the organization’s purpose. The way to achieve its goals, objectives, and market share in a competitive field is to have every team member aligned to its cause. The leadership can utilize mobile communication tools to bring their workforce together through:
- Aligned values: Business owners should have established core values each team member should follow as part of the company. By doing this, you create principles for them to follow in line with the overall business goal.
- Aligned objectives: Mobile communication is used to distribute information that puts everyone on the same page about business objectives and about how to work together in achieving them.
Apart from these, mobile communication enhances communication in different levels of business management. It ensures the following:
- Each member of a specific department receives the same information at the same time.
- The communication is two-way, allowing feedback, clarification, or insight from the management and team members.
4. Enhances Efficiency In Remote Workers
With mobile communication, working remotely or in the field becomes easier. Teams can stay in contact with each other in real-time regardless of where they’re working from. After the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions and the need to reduce human contact, accomplishing tasks from home became commonplace.
With sufficient tools, the shift was easily achieved by many businesses. These are some of the ways mobile communication solutions enhance efficiency in remote work:
- Lowers the need for in-person meetings, which may sometimes be unnecessary and costly.
- There are more opportunities for managers to communicate with their team members.
- Removes hitches in communicating to all workers as everyone receives the same information, reducing confusion.
- Enables simultaneous messaging to all team members to make discussions and decisions faster regardless of where the team members are working.
5. Promotes Better Business Organization
Businesses can use mobile communication for the efficient organization of data and files through secure file sharing as any member of the team can share or access company files anytime. This enables continuity of workflow whether employees are working from the office or other locations.
In addition, a business can track customers and sales fluidly, allowing for effortless monitoring and for creating a marketing plan. Mobile communication enables a company and its team to operate wherever they go without the burden of carrying physical documents.
Storing files in the cloud also ensures improved data security compared to storing physical files. Cloud storage services enable a business to improve the way an organization shares information, particularly confidential ones. There are different types of cloud services depending on your business needs. You can either choose public, private, hybrid or community cloud services.
Each comes with different features, but all give your business a platform to store and share information accessible remotely.
6. Cultivates Team Alliance
Team alliance helps thrust a business in front of its competitors. When a business creates a space where diversity and ideas are encouraged, there’s increased creativity and innovation. Traditional communication was limited because it’s only accessible from a specific location. But with mobile means of delivering messages, data would be transmitted to teams in real-time.
This works well, especially for organizational teams facing customers regularly. They provide valuable and relevant data for a specific time and this enables the rest of the members to leverage the information to create better strategies and to improve sales.
These are some of the ways how a business can benefit from mobile communication support for better team collaboration:
- Teams from different departments and levels can work together to improve workflow and productivity.
- More minds are working to solve a common problem, building a wealth of ideas and approached to resolve the challenges.
- They help to increase innovation that increases the business’s competitive strength.
- They improve alliance between different teams by being on the same page at all times.
The recent transitions have seen an increased shift of collaboration from the confines of the office buildings to different areas nationwide. Mobile communication has been instrumental in helping businesses seamlessly make this change.
7. Optimizes Business Through Mobile Applications
There’s an app for almost everything nowadays, and everyone has their favorites. Apps make things easier by allowing access to most services at the tap of a button. Businesses as well rely on these for enhanced workflow. For example, companies use time-tracking apps for their remote workers to enable the accountant to calculate wages correctly for each person.
Having a mobile application puts you in the hands of your potential customers. Because mobile devices are handy, more people use them than personal computers to access apps or websites.
Thus, having a mobile app in your business can help you:
- Provide better value to customers
- Make your brand stronger
- Create a better connection with your customers
- Improve sales and profits
- Market your products and services directly
- Increase brand visibility
- Monitor your customers’ online activities
8. Reduces Operational Costs And Time
Saving costs and time are two things every business strives to achieve, and mobile communication has the potential to do both. By automating processes, ERP applications and software save a business a lot of resources. Many of the tasks used to take a long time, but through phone calls and text messages, other deliverables would take less time to complete.
Tasks that needed to be handled by multiple people such as document storing and retrieval are now in the team members’ hands, and they can be accessed anytime. This saves organizations a considerable number of hours.
What is Document management is a system or process used to collect, track, and store electronic documents such as PDF files, word processors, and digital images of paper content. Provides document security, access control, centralized storage, audit trail, and simplified search and retrieval.
Here are other ways mobile communication helps businesses cut time and costs:
- There’s no need to go to a specific location to communicate, unlike how it was when using the landline phone technology.
- Mobile communication apps eliminate the need for filling paper forms or for carrying out manual activities for records.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)devices has more functions easing phone communication services such as conference calls and recording. They can also be integrated with other gadgets to make them accessible on the go.
- Imaging and scanning files accelerate workflow through document recording, sharing, and reviewing.
- Cloud services reduce the manpower and time needed for the physical filing of documents while reducing the chances of data loss and errors.
9. Enhances Team Responsiveness
Teams working in the field or remote areas can benefit a lot from mobile communication technology since it makes it easier for the management to get in touch with members and to receive fast responses. This means it’s more convenient to file real-time reports and to take action as required. The days when the office had to wait for field workers to come back to report are over.
A team member can access all the information they need as they move while also effectively relaying information back to the required headquarters. As opposed to what many think, mobile technology improves employee responsiveness and work management.
Some of these communication tools and devices can make responses even quicker and more efficient:
- Instant chat apps: These platforms can improve communication between leaders, teams, and individuals to give quick responses or to share ideas.
- Personal devices: Personal computers, smartphones, and tablets allow teams to hold conference calls, share screens, or hold meetings regardless of where the members are. With these devices, all team members can log into their work portals to retrieve information, review work, or collaborate data effectively.
Effective mobile communication in business comes from merging mobile devices, applications, software, and teams to promote transparency and accountability. Each component is essential to ensure the technology is effectively utilized to benefit the business. Also, the fast growth in technology enhances the use of mobile communication in different companies.
Its incorporation not only enhances efficiency but also lowers costs by combining many processes in one. Apart from VoIP phones, cloud services, and team collaboration apps and software, businesses can also integrate the use of chatbots and voice assistants. These are automated communication tools assisting customers to answer common questions they may have. They can talk to live customer service if they’re not satisfied with the answers.
All these tools help the management, employees, and customers to send and receive messages effectively. Mobile technology indeed helps business processes to flow more seamlessly and collaboratively. Consider the ideas mentioned here as you utilize the power of mobile communication for your business.